- 20:00 exhibition opening and performances, Pogon Jedinstvo, Trnjanski nasip bb, Zagreb
Saturday 07.10.2017. - Wednesday 18.10.2017.
- 14:00-20:00 international exhibition, Pogon Jedinstvo, Trnjanski nasip bb, Zagreb
- 18:00 gudied tours for visitors
- 10:30-14:30 symposium at Zagreb Dance Center, Ilica 10, Zagreb. The symposium will be held in English.
- 10:30-10:45 Introduction and short about the exhibition topic - KONTEJNER and Mónica Bello (ES), curator and Head of Arts at CERN
- 10:45-11:30 session 1: Exploring the science of the invisible - Ale de la Puente (MX), Michael Doser (AT), Alfonso Borragán (ES). The sense of wonder towards what surrounds us, in all its complexity and depth, can be expressed today as a cultural dilemma. Hidden scenarios in nature seem unreachable for us at any degree of perceptual imperative, while simultaneously being free to be questioned with the advantage of the tools of perception at our disposal. In this session the participants will explore strategies of art alongside the strategies of science that allow reaching the invisible.
- 11:30-12:15 session 2: Novel scenarios for interdisciplinary dialogue and collaboration - Yunchul Kim (KR), Semiconductor - Ruth Jarman (UK), Dinko Ferenček (HR). At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Over the past years the lab has nurtured novel models of dialog and cooperation between artists and scientists. Consequently, scientific engagement with cultural practices on an on-going basis and within the lab’s premises and organisational structures helps to enrich and diversify knowledge in today’s fluid culture. In this session participants will discuss their wok and research at CERN and other interdisciplinary spaces.
- 13:15-14:15 session 3: Unveiling the hidden phenomena - Vanessa Lorenzo (ES/CH), Kerstin Ergenzinger (DE), Martin Howse (UK), MOON aka Martina Zelenika (HR) & Goran Štefanić (HR). The web of intangible information constantly generated by our environment, and our interventions it, on all levels becomes tangible via interfaces, devices and instruments of different kind. While sensory thresholds have been a focus for artistic exploration for artists and designers, the development of what we can call epistemic tools allow for a deeper understanding. This session is oriented to learn about the creation and development of adaptive sensory organs, susceptible to these stimuli normally hidden to us.
- 14:15-14:30 Discussion and Q&A
- 13:00-16:00 workshops, Mochvara Club, Trnjanski nasip bb, Zagreb