With the generous support of EU’s Creative Europe programme, the European Media Art Platform which was founded last year will offer EMARE (European Media Artist in Residence Exchange) residencies for Media Artists in the fields of digital media, including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media-based performance, sound, or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
Artists with EU passport or an identity card issued within the EU, can submit their proposals and apply for a two-months long residency at one of the following institutions:
• Ars Electronica Center, Linz, Austria
• Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool, United Kingdom
• IMPAKT, Utrecht, the Netherlands
• KONTEJNER, Zagreb, Croatia
• LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Indstrial, Guijón, Spain
• M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC, Riga, Latvia
• WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany (lead organisation)
Undergraduate and Master’s students are not eligible but emerging artists, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply.
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members festivals in 2019-2021.
All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference 1st to 3rd of March 2019 in Utrecht. Please save the date!
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Artists with a EU passport can submit their proposals here: www.call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: December 10th 2018, 12:00 CET (after this time the call will be closed)
Contact for any further questions:
Josipa Vukelić | +385 98 1863 700 | firstname.lastname@example.org