The programme is directed towards planning and production of large-scale, complex cultural events. During the 10 days of education, the programme encompasses multiple levels - from project management, technical production and curatorial work, to finances and marketing.
We chose a perfect timing for this education, since all participants will gain their theoretical and practical knowledge by working in real-time, on a real project - our Extravagant Bodies: Extravagant Love festival taking place in Zagreb, in September 2019.
Learning both theory and practice through the case-study example of this renowned festival, the participants will meet and work with over 30 international and local artists and cultural workers.
This open call is directed towards Croatian participants exclusively.
The programme is designed for a small international group of 5 young and motivated cultural workers (project managers, curators, production managers etc.) pursuing practical work experience on large cultural events. The participants should be endorsed with good communication and social skills, ability to work well within a team and very good knowledge of English language (B2 or higher). Each participant receives a certificate of the EU project Future DiverCities at the end of the programme.
- Practical education of young cultural workers through networking and hands-on work engaging international experts from diverse fields: curators, artists, managers, technical directors, PR etc.,
- Mentorship of a small group of participants: building up the teamwork skills, individualized approach, flexibility and multiple feedback opportunities,
- High efficiency in knowledge transfer through collective efforts of experienced and young cultural workers from different countries,
- Professional development and expert training through learning-by-doing methodology,
- Building up capacities of young local cultural workers.
GAINED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Professional experience of working on a concrete art festival of high complexity,
- Intensive engagement with a large and efficient production team, along with development of management skills, collaboration between sectors and collective implementation of activities,
- Direct participation in production of events on multiple levels,
- Hands-on work regarding the central international festival exhibition and additional programme (conference, workshops, performances),
- Mentorship by diverse established artists and experts from Croatia and abroad,
- Development of teamwork skills and interpersonal communication in tackling challenging and unexpected situations.
- Guided visits to studios and workspaces of emerging Croatian artists,
- Attending the two-day festival conference programme,
- Costs of meals during the programme are covered in the daily amount of 120,00 kn.
Candidates interested in the programme should send:
1) A detailed CV;
2) Motivation letter not longer than 1 page explaining why they should participate in the programme;
3) At least one letter of recommendation from a cultural organization and/or institution where they gained previous work/volunteer experience.
Only participants from Croatia are eligible to apply. All applications should be sent exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, July 5th 2019. All applications that are incomplete will not be taken into consideration.
Apply for our cultural management course - part of the Future DiverCities EU project!
KONTEJNER is inviting all young professionals from Croatia working within the field of culture and contemporary art to participate in our new educational programme - part of the EU project Future DiverCities - from 14th to 23rd September 2019 in Zagreb, Croatia. Application deadline is Friday, July 5th 2019.