European artists and collectives can apply with a project proposal for a residency of two months within March to November 2023. The artists will be collaborating with an artist of their choice or an artist local to the host institution:
- Ars Electronica (Linz, Austria)
- Antre Peaux (Bourges, France)
- CIKE (Košice, Slovakia – member in progress)
- gnration (Braga, Portugal)
- iMAL (Brussels, Belgium)
- IMPAKT [Centre for Media Culture] (Utrecht, the Netherlands)
- Kersnikova Institute [Kapelica Gallery] (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- KONTEJNER | bureau contemporary art praxis (Zagreb, Croatia)
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial (Gijón, Spain)
- M-Cult (Helsinki, Finland)
- NeMe (Limassol, Cyprus)
- Onassis Stegi (Athens, Greece)
- RIXC Centre for New Media Culture (Riga, Latvia)
- WRO Art Center (Wroclaw, Poland)
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art (Halle (Saale), Germany)
- Hexagram (Montreal, Canada - special residency host for 2023)
The residency includes an invitation to the kick-off conference in Athens (March 8-9, 2023), a grant of €4,000 for the applying artist(s) including subsistence costs, a grant of €2,000 for collaborating artist(s), a project budget of €4,000, free accommodation, travel expenses up to €1,000, and free access to technical facilities and/or media labs of the host institution. It also includes a professional presentation and the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members’ festivals/exhibitions in 2023-2024, plus the option to get exhibited by EMAP partner institutions.
Applications should be submitted online at call.emare.eu and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation of previous work, and a preliminary plan and presentation of the proposed project to be developed within the EMAP Residencies programme. The collaborating artists do not have to be fixed at the time of submission.
Applicants must be EU residents or taxpayers in an EU member country.
Undergraduate and Master students are not eligible (PhD candidates are accepted), but emerging artists, regardless of age and academic degree, are encouraged to apply.
Information about EMAP: www.emare.eu
Application at: call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: November 30th, 2022, 23:59 CET